Thursday, October 23, 2008

Bring on the Cold

Bring on the cold. Bring on the fall breeze and bring on the jackets. After living in the northeast all my life it's a blessing when the weather takes a turn for the cold. Being able to wear layers again and get ready for the start of Ski season. My true passion is skiing and being around the mountains. And every year about this time as it starts to get cold I feel as if I'm being called back to the mountains. A perpetual ski bum I've always valued the gift my parents gave me of taking me out into the open and just going skiing and letting me be free. It's an expression of openness and a true sense of accomplishment while feeling peace at just being out there in the first place. For me being up on the mountain skiing is all of that. So now that we enter into the cold weather with the thermometer dropping, the girls putting away the mini skirts, and the guys pulling out the hoodies...I'm smiling. As for me...you can find me on the mountain sometime soon.

Just in case you need in motivation check out this trailer for Warren Millers new movie to get pumped for the oncoming season.

No comments: